Sunday, September 9, 2007

Thing Update: Inventory my book collection

I am probably about half-way through inventorying my books. Trouble is, I didn't get it finished before we moved (just a few houses down the street). Now we're mostly settled, but a question remains as to whether we will be shuffling the room arrangement upstairs. The current situation has the master bedroom (and the bookcases) in the room closest to the street, and the second bedroom is setup as an office (and spare bedroom, in the event of guests). This might be swapped due to the fact that we can sometimes hear our neighbor's television in the front bedroom and it seems the second bedroom is quieter. Summary: the books are still in boxes waiting to be unpacked.

In the meantime, you may notice that I've added a "Currently Reading" feature to this blog.

2 comments:

Zaak said...

Hi - I'm an other next fiver.

Having a book inventory is great. I haven't lost one book or DVD since making an inventory with Delicious Library. And it's really easy to browse the catalog and see where stuff is. Fabulous! Have fun unpacking.

Bradley said...

Welcome to the Next Five Network! Delicious Library looks cool (especially because it includes DVDs, CDs, and video games), but since it only works on a MAC, I'll have to stick with LibraryThing for now (I'll add this to my list of reasons I need to switch over to MAC, though).